Reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board En espa
In this article How can I tell if my baby’s rash is poison ivy? Is the rash dangerous? Why do these plants cause rashes? How did my baby get poison ivy? How should I treat the rash? Should Nike LeBron 11 I call the doctor? Is it contagious? Is there any way to prevent the rash? What should I do if I think my baby’s been exposed but he doesn’t have a rash yet? What happens if my baby breathes urushiol Air Jordan 2010 in the air?
If your baby has swollen, red patches of skin on his face, arms, or legs, there’s a chance it’s poison ivy, poison oak, Air Jordan 13s or poison sumac especially if you’ve taken him Air Jordan 18s to an area where one of those plants may be growing.
The rash, known as contact dermatitis, sometimes first appears in streaks or lines where the skin touched the poisonous plant. It usually shows up 12 to 48 hours after contact, though it can take up to a week to appear. Blisters follow and become crusty within a few days.
In the United States, poison ivy is most common in the Midwest and the East but can be found throughout the country except in the Southwest, Alaska, and Hawaii. Poison oak is most often found in the West and Southeast. Poison sumac prefers standing water, especially along the Mississippi River and in the eastern parts of the country.
Is the rash dangerous?No, but it’s very itchy. And because the rash can become infected, it’s important to keep an eye on it.
Why do these plants cause rashes?They contain a potent, irritating oil called urushiol. In other words, your body responds only after repeated exposure. So your baby may brush against the plant several times without problem, only to break out in a rash the next time he meets up with it.
The oil’s contained in the sap of the plant’s leaves, stems, and roots, and it takes only one billionth of a gram of urushiol to cause a reaction. Most cases show up in the spring and summer, when sap’s plentiful and the plants bruise easily, but it’s possible to get poison ivy, oak, or sumac any time of year.
How did my baby get poison ivy?Your baby either touched the plant oil or something with the oil on it for example, a ball, a gardening tool, or a pet that had come in contact with the plant.
1 2 3
I know I’m not the first to discover that skin rashes such as poison oak and ivy can be cured with BREAST MILK, first make sure you shower well to was off all the oils and wash any clothing or ANY THING you think may have come into contact with the plant even your shoes. Then use a rubber glove, like a doctor wheres, apply the breast milk to the infected skin, apply it like you would a lotion. You will get immediate relief from the itching and if you apply the breast milk before bed, your rash should dissapear by morning. I had a severe case of poison oak in huge splotches all over my legs, stomach, back, under my arms, and between my fingers. The next morning it was GONE ! I still noticed some spots on my feet and ears, but I had not applied any breastmilk there. Once I did. It was GONE! BREAST MILK CURES! who would have thought ?