2) Check the caulking on windows and doors to make sure that they are tightly sealed. Even small little openings can allow for insects to come inside, like ants.
5) Dust your children off after playtime outside. Have them remove their shoes at the door and leave them outside. Check their hair and skin for grass, dirt, spiders, and ticks.
6) Seek regular pest control service. Have your home inspected and sprayed for bugs on a regular basis. Have your attic and garage inspected for rodents like mice and rats.
7) Dont leave food out in the kitchen or around your home. Always put leftovers away immediately after eating. Wash dirty dishes right away. Leftover food particles attract bugs, like cockroaches, even if you dont see any in your home.
8) Regularly empty the trash in your home. You should empty your kitchen trash daily to account for trash from food.
9) Regularly clean out your pantry and refrigerator to make sure there is no old food, and that no bugs have gotten in there. This is particularly important for pantry items like cereal. Make sure all cereal boxes and flour containers are sealed.
10) Keep windows closed. If you must have some cool air from outside, make sure your window has a screen to keep out insects. Even screens arent foolproof though, but they will provide some resistance if those pesky critters do try to enter your home.